As we mentioned the other day, Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. Here is a quick recipe on the Valentine’s Day cupcakes that I made last year- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Heart Shaped Strawberries and cream cheese frosting!
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coco Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Bottle of Red Food Coloring
2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
Preheat oven @ 300
1. Mix flour, coco powder, baking soda, salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Beat butter, sugar and add your eggs one at a time. Then throw in your sour cream, milk, food coloring and the vanilla.
3. Bake 20 minutes.
4. While you are waiting for your cupcakes to bake and cool, cut the top of your strawberries to make them into hearts.
5. When cupcakes are fully cooled; add your cream cheese frosting.
6. Pin the strawberry on top with the heart cupcake toppers.
These were a huge hit last year! Can’t wait to show you this year’s cupcake recipe. Hope you give these a try!
Photo credit: Okskinny